Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting Started

I finally decided on a sweater!!! I will be knitting Coraline by Ysolda Teague. It took me a long time to decide, as I wanted it to fit several criteria: a cardigan that would look good worn open or buttoned; a fit that would flatter both my pregnant and non-pregnant self; simple but not boring in construction. The only hitch was I needed to buy the pattern and yarn. Darn... ; )

A fruitful trip to Webs led me to choosing Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in Cardinal for the project. This yarn and pattern will be lovely together, I think. My only hesitation at this point is that I will be knitting it on size 4 needles...my previous sweaters have all been in worsted weight on larger needles!

Glad we have until the end of October for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment