Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hey Teach! update

I'm just popping by to say that I've now got the left front of my Hey, Teach! cardigan done. Now I'm on to the right front! It's actually starting to look like something wearable now, and I'm feeling more confident than before that this might actually fit me!
If I've learned anything about myself and my knitting style during this project, it's that I really hate doing plain stockinette stitch. The plain section at the bottom of each body piece seems to take forever and ever, while the lace part, once I finally get to it, just zips along.
I've been momentarily distracted by some gift knitting that needs to get finished up this weekend, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to cast on for the last front section by Labor Day.
I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!

1 comment: